UNM-Taos offers classes and degrees that easily transfer within UNM and to other four-year programs. We also offer degrees and certificates that meet the needs of a changing job market. Whether your goal is an advanced degree or training for a career, we offer excellent preparation for your future.
UNM-Taos is known for our small classes and dedicated instructors and staff. With an average class size of 10 students and a student to faculty ratio of 9:1, we offer the type of hands-on learning usually available only at a private college, but at a community college price.
3 Steps to Becoming a UNM-Taos Student
Step 1: Meet Your Admission Officers
MEET WITH AN ADMISSIONS OFFICER
You can schedule a time to meet with an advisor. Choose a day and an advisor from the booking calendar. You should receive a confirmation email with your meeting information once you are done.
If you have any questions about the process or would like to email directly, contact admissions at email@example.com
- Assist you with completing your admissions application
- Assist you in requesting official transcripts
- Ensure that your admissions process is complete
- Discuss your options for placement into Math and English.
- Questions about your placement scores? Call 575.737.6215
Step 2: Meet Your Financial Advisor
…your Financial Aid Officer will
- Assist with your FAFSA application
- Review your file and inform you of documentation required, as well as provide support in filling out verification documentation
- Answer any questions you may have about financial aid, including Scholarships, Veterans Education benefits and Work Study/Student Employment Opportunities
Step 3: Academic Advising
…your Academic Advisor will:
- Assist you in developing goals and in creating your educational plan
- Review your placement scores to determine required courses
- Help you plan your schedule of classes
- Assist you with online registration
You are officially a UNM-Taos Student
The UNM-Taos Branch Campus serves students from northern New Mexico and the larger community with comprehensive educational opportunities in order to better prepare them to successfully participate in the world as educated, skilled, responsible, and creative individuals.