Student Nurse Association
- Bring together and mentor UNM-Taos students preparing for initial licensure as registered nurses.
- Convey the standards and ethics of the nursing profession.
- Promote developing the skills that students will need as responsible and accountable members of the nursing profession and our community.
- Advocate for high quality, evidence-based, affordable, and accessible health care Advocate for and contribute to advances in nursing education.
- Assist nursing students who are preparing to lead the profession in the future.
- As an active member of this association, you will connect with professors, fellow students, guest speakers, members of our community, and potential employers.
- There will be many opportunities to serve and give back to your community.
- Receive one-on-one mentorship from experienced students.
- Become instrumental in the positive direction this association takes us today and beyond.
- Be a part of the University of New Mexico-Taos Student Nurse Association! Annual membership is $20, and you may arrange ahead of time to bring a check (to: Student Nurse Association), money order, or cash to Barb Wiard.
- The requirements for active UNM-Taos SNA membership are:
- Attend regularly scheduled SNA meetings per term.
- Be active in committees and association projects.
- Abide by our core values:
- Leadership & Autonomy
- Quality Education
Karen Odell, MA, RN, CNE
Katherine Matthews, President
Matthew Vigil, Co-Vice President
Chelsea Norton, Co-Vice President
Kevin Taylor, Secretary
Coleen Schafer, Treasurer