Frequently Asked Questions About Kids Campus
What are the program hours?
Kid’s Campus is open Monday-Friday 7:30-5:30.
What is the philosophy of the program?
- Hands‐on activities and play‐inside and outside
- Music, movement and fantasy play
- Real life experiences such as field‐trips, walks, and visitors
- An environment that offers opportunities and choices that build Independence.
- A child‐centered environment in which the children have ownership and responsibility.
- Constructive, guided and trustful interactions and relationships with their teachers.
- A safe environment provided by consistency and predictability of routines and boundaries.
- Open‐ended questions
- Teacher and family collaboration and communication
- A staff that respects and understands the different ways in which children develop.
- Family‐style dining, which encourages language, social awareness and fine motor skills.
- Teachers that facilitate their engagement, expand their experiences and challenge and stimulate them.
How do I enroll my child in the program?
In order to enroll a child at the UNM_Taos Kid’s Campus the contracting person must adhere to the following criteria: The contracting person must have primary legal custody of the child. This can include: a parent, foster parent or legal guardian. Enrollment of a child is accomplished by the parent providing the following information:
- Completed registration form
- Copy of child’s immunization record‐no child can be admitted
without proof of current immunizations or legal waiver.
- Identification and Emergency Information.
- Field trip, photos, & sun protection Permission Forms.
- Financial Agreement
- Signed Acknowledgement form
What are the tuition rates?
Families that receive childcare subsidy through CYFD are only required to pay the co‐payment determined by CYFD. We offer a scholarship rate to all families whose income is less than four times the Federal Poverty Rate for their family size. This is determined by showing us your last Federal tax return. Please ask to see a rate chart if you think you qualify. Those with family incomes above four times the Federal Poverty Rate pay the “full” rate. The following is the monthly tuition scale for a full time student. We also offer 2, 3 or 4 days per week, full or half days. Please call 737-6255 for additional information.
|Business Hours for Fall: 7:30 AM - 5:30 PM|
|Materials Fee:||$100.00||Per Semester|
|Daily||2 Days||3 Days||4 Days||5 Days|
|Tuition is billed by the month. All fees reflect monthly tuition rate|
|All half days are||$24.00|
|Subsidy||Families that qualify for assistance with Children, Youth and Family Department|
|Mid-Range||Families whose income is below 300 % childcare subsidy rate|
|Full Pay||Families whose income is above 300% childcare subsidy rate|
Tuition is billed by the month. All fees reflect monthly tuition rate.
All Half days are $24.00
Subsidy Rate: Families that qualify for assistance with Children, Youth and Family Dept.
Mid-Range Rate: Families whose income is below 300% above childcare eligibility
Full-Pay Rate: Families whose income is above 300% above childcare eligibility
Are there any additional Costs?
All families must pay a $50.00 non‐refundable registration fee at the beginning of each school year or upon enrollment. All childcare rates are based on an annual tuition divided into twelve equal payments. Two weeks notice is required when withdrawing your child before the end of the school year or you will be billed for ½ month tuition after you leave. We charge a $100.00 material fee per semester ($50.00 summer) that we will waive for families who pay for the entire session in advance.
What is the Daily Schedule?
The UNMKC opens each day at 7:30 am. Daily schedules are posted in individual classrooms. The infants’ schedules will be more individualized than those in the other classrooms. Check with your child’s teacher about your classroom’s daily routine. Our traditional program ends at 5:30 pm each day. All classroom routines are predictable but flexible and allow adequate time for transitions to occur.
Can I visit my child during school hours?
The Children’s Campus maintains an open door policy. You are your child’s first and most important teacher. We need your help to make this experience the best possible one for your child. We encourage you to participate in as many center activities as you can. Our classroom is always open for you to observe your child during the school day. We encourage you to visit anytime.
What is Kid’s Campus discipline policy?
The goal of discipline is to maintain a safe and fair environment that encourages growth and development of the child’s self‐esteem. This type of environment encourages the building of interpersonal competence and fosters self‐discipline and respect for others.