Upward Bound Math and Science
The Upward Bound Math and Science (UBMS) program at the University of New Mexico-Taos is a federally funded college-preparatory program that serves Taos area high school students. The mission of UBMS is to assist students with graduating high school, entering college, and earning a Bachelor's degree in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics).
WHAT WE DO!
We Help Students Get Ready For College.
- College visits
- Assistance with applications
- Financial aid help
- Academic advisement
- SAT/ACT Test prep
- Student success workshops
We Strengthen Skills in Math & Science.
- After School Tutoring
- Hands On Experiments & Research
- Study Strategies to Help You Succeed
We Explore STEM Careers.
- Presentations by Current STEM Professionals
- Career Exploration
- Exposure to Jobs in STEM Areas
- Visits With STEM Employers
INTERESTED? WE WANT YOU!
- Are you currently in the 9th or 10th grade?
- Are you from a low-income family?
- Are you a U.S. citizen, permanent resident or intending to become a permanent resident?
- Are you interested in going to college or trade school?
- Will you be the first in your family to pursue a Bachelor’s degree?