UNM-Taos has an open admissions policy, so if you intend to work towards a degree or certificate, all you need is a high school diploma or GED to qualify for admission.
If you are taking courses for personal enrichment, you need not summit your high school diploma or GED document.
The links to the left contain application instructions, tuition and scholarship information, and printable application forms that you can submit by mail, e-mail, or in person at our administrative offices at:
1157 County Road 110,
Ranchos de Taos, NM 87557
Registration is conducted through LoboPhone by calling (505) 246-2020 or through the University's web site at http://my.unm.edu. L0b0Phone's voice response guides the student through the registration process.
If you would like to speak to an academic advisor to formulate a degree plan or select courses, click here. To speak to someone in Student Affairs, please call (575) 737-6200.
3 EASY WAYS TO APPLY FOR
ADMISSION TO UNM-TAOS
- Fill out a UNM-Taos application form and drop it off at the Student Enrollment Department at 1157 County Road 110, Ranchos de Taos, NM 87557 *
* You can find an application form on page 13, pick one up at the Student Enrollment Department, or download one from the UNM-Taos website: http://taos.unm.edu
click on "Getting Started", then on "Application Form"
- If you select a degree or certificate program you must arrange to have your high school, GED, and most recent college transcripts mailed to us directly from the school. We must receive these before you can register.
- 3. Pay the one-time admissions fee of $10.00. That's all there is to it!
For additional information on admission or readmission, please contact Admissions at 737-6245. Office hours are Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
Prospective students who select "Non-degree" or "Unclassified" status are not eligible for financial aid. Students who are eligible for Senior Citizen status must wait until the first day of classes to register. Continuing students cannot change their status after the 21st day after the start of classes.
2 EASY WAYS TO REGISTER
- Register online via LoboWeb at http://my.unm.edu See Apply Online for instructions.
- Register in person at the UNM-Taos Student Enrollment Department, 1157 County Road 110, Ranchos de Taos, Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
NOTE: All students must first be admitted to the University to register for classes.
In addition to grants, loans, and work-study employment, UNM-Taos has a variety of scholarships available to eligible UNM-Taos students. Students should contact the Financial Aid Advisor for specific eligibility requirements, qualifications, and deadlines.