Borrowing Library Items
WHO MAY BORROW MATERIALS?
- Current Students, Faculty and Staff.
- Residents of Taos County with identification showing current address.
- Patrons who have a Library Passport Certificate issued by other New Mexico colleges and universities.
TO OBTAIN A LIBRARY CARD YOU WILL NEED THE FOLLOWING:
- A LOBO ID Card or other picture identification AND
- Proof that you are currently enrolled at UNM-Taos e.g., a copy of your current class schedule.
For Community Members:
- A Picture Identification AND
- Proof of residency (examples: a piece of postmarked mail with your name on it, a rent receipt, utility bill, etc).
- Books may be borrowed for two weeks and renewed for an additional two weeks if there are no holds on that item. Faculty may also use their “faculty extended borrowing privileges” if an item is needed for the duration of the semester.
- Audiovisual materials may be borrowed for one week and renewed for another week if there are no holds on that item.
- Five items may be borrowed at one time.
- Magazines may be checked out for three days providing it is not the current issue. Newspapers and reference materials do not circulate.
- When we are closed, items may be returned to our BLUE OUTDOOR RETURN BOX, near the library, at the South West corner of the Tech Building. Thank you!
DIRECT BORROWING FROM OTHER LIBRARIES:
- Patrons may obtain a Library Passport Certificate from the UNM-Taos library staff to use at any other New Mexico college or university library. This enables current students or faculty to go to another academic library, do their research and check out materials directly.
- Current students and faculty may also use Zimmerman Library, the UNM Main Campus General Library directly, but you must be able to show UNM identification. The Passport Certificate is used only if you are doing research in Albuquerque and wish to check out materials directly. Otherwise, you would request the material via interlibrary loan from your UNM-Taos Library.