Where To Find Us
TRiO-SSS is located in Padre Martinez Hall, Suite 140, on the UNM-Taos Klauer Campus.
Triple Your Chances of Graduating
“Participants in the TRiO Student Support Services are three times as likely to earn a bachelor’s degree compared to their peers who receive a Pell Grant without TRiO services.” –Armesto, Edward J. and McElroy, Maria; TRIO and Upward Bound: History, Programs, and Issues-Past, Present, and Future; The Journal of Negro Education 1998
TRiO-Student Support Services (TRiO-SSS) include:
- Academic Advisement for a Certificate and/or Associate Degree
- Career Advisement
- College Success Workshops
- Financial Literacy
- Educational & Cultural Field Trips
- TRiO Study Zone
- Community Building Activities
- Student Leadership Opportunities
- Community and Peer Support
- College Tours
- Student Advocacy
- Transfer Assistance to 4-Year Colleges
TRiO-Student Support Services provides assistance to qualifying students at UNM-Taos
Qualifying students are either:
- From income-eligible families. (If you qualify for a Pell Grant you probably qualify for TRiO.)
- Or who are considered First Generation to go to college. Our TRiO grant defines First Generation as meaning that neither parent has completed a 4-year college degree. (Students whose parents have completed Associate’s or Certificates still qualify as First Generation for our program.)
- Or students who have a documented disability.
- Be a U.S. citizen or meet residency requirements for federal student financial assistance.
- Enrolled in either a Certificate or Associate Degree Program
As a federally funded US Department of Education grant program, a student must apply and meet eligibility guidelines to receive services from TRiO-SSS.