UNM Taos TRiO-SSS Mission
We will increase the retention, transfer and graduation rates of TRiO-SSS participants at The University of New Mexico-Taos by engaging participants in a student centered environment to assist in the learning of strategies to navigate college more skillfully and reach degree completion.
We are committed to providing excellent academic advising and access to financial literacy education, college tours, cultural events, and workshops to empower TRiO-SSS participants to thrive in higher education.
TRiO-SSS is funded 100% by the Department of Education Federal TRiO Programs.
Where To Find Us
TRiO-SSS is located in Padre Martinez Hall, Suite 140, on the UNM-Taos Klauer Campus.
Triple Your Chances of Graduating
“Participants in the TRiO Student Support Services are three times as likely to earn a bachelor’s degree compared to their peers who receive a Pell Grant without TRiO services.” –Armesto, Edward J. and McElroy, Maria; TRIO and Upward Bound: History, Programs, and Issues-Past, Present, and Future; The Journal of Negro Education 1998
TRiO-Student Support Services (TRiO-SSS) offers:
- Academic Advisement for a Certificate and/or Associate Degree
- Career Advisement
- College Success Workshops
- Financial Literacy
- Educational & Cultural Field Trips
- TRiO Study Zone
- Community Building Activities
- Student Leadership Opportunities
- Community and Peer Support
- College Tours
- Student Advocacy
- Transfer Assistance to 4-Year Colleges
- Peer Tutoring with CASA
TRiO-Student Support Services provides assistance to qualifying students at UNM-Taos
Qualifying students are either:
- From income-eligible families. (If you qualify for a Pell Grant you probably qualify for TRiO.)
- Or who are considered First Generation to go to college. Our TRiO grant defines First Generation as meaning that neither parent has completed a 4-year college degree. (Students whose parents have completed Associate’s or Certificates still qualify as First Generation for our program.)
- Or students who have a documented disability.
- Be a U.S. citizen or meet residency requirements for federal student financial assistance.
- Enrolled in either a Certificate or Associate Degree Program
As a federally funded US Department of Education grant program, a student must apply and meet eligibility guidelines to receive services from TRiO-SSS.
This recording was created by UNM-Taos and the UNM-Taos TRiO-SSS Program.
For use beyond viewing this recording please contact TRiO-SSS directly. email@example.com 575-737-3776
Media Credits and Acknowledgements