The purpose of assessment is to improve student learning.
Assessment is a systematic process of
- articulating the knowledge, skills and dispositions we expect students to develop while here,
- gathering evidence about how well students have learned what we have said is important,
- interpreting the evidence to reveal patterns of learning strengths and weaknesses and
- modifying learning and teaching strategies to improve learning outcomes.
As a resource for faculty there is a timeline for important deadlines as well as templates to help you with reporting below. If you are interested in more information please visit the UNM Core Curriculum Assessment site or the Academic Program site at the main campus website.
If you have any questions, please contact the UNM-Taos Assessment Coordinator, Robin Shawver at email@example.com.
- Assessment Methods & Data Collection Workshop: Wednesday, March 2nd 3:30-4:30pm OR Thursday, March 3rd 10-11am
- Assessment Reports Workshop: Wednesday, April 6th 3:30-4:30pm OR Thursday, April 7th 10-11am