November 29, 2018 - 4:00 pm
November 29, 2018 - 5:30 pm
AddressKlauer Campus 1157 County Road 110 View map
Dear Students, Faculty and Staff,
The University of New Mexico is working to create a safe environment for all members of the UNM community. As part of this ongoing initiative, UNM now mandates that all students receive in-person, interactive training called “The Grey Area.”
This training will provide students with the tools and knowhow to engage in consensual and healthy relationships. It will also provide information regarding how to report potential sexual misconduct during their college experience and resources available to those experiencing such misconduct.
On October 17, 2016, the University of New Mexico entered into an agreement with the U.S. Department of Justice to refine UNM’s policies regarding sexual harassment on campus, which includes sexual misconduct such as assault.
As a part of the agreement, UNM is providing MANDATORY sexual misconduct prevention training to all UNM Students.
The training module, entitled, “THE GREY AREA,” is an in-person and interactive training that is approximately 1.5 hrs in length. It is required of all UNM students, including all branch campus, HSC, and Law students currently enrolled at UNM.
The training schedule is listed below, please call the Student Services Department at (575) 737-6215 to RSVP for one of the scheduled trainings below.
November Training Schedule
Thursday, November 29, 2018 4:00pm *Klauer Campus, PMSSSC Room D
*Klauer Campus, Padre Martinez Hall Building, Student Support and Services Center, Classroom D
If you have questions, or need further assistance feel free to contact the Student Services Department at (575) 737-6215
Title IX Coordinator
Title IX Coordinator
Phone: (505) 277-5251
Responsibilities of Title IX Coordinators are to coordinate the institution’s efforts to comply with its obligations under Title IX and the Title IX regulations including:
- Notification and Education
- Consultation, Investigation, and Disposition
- Institutional Monitoring and Compliance Assurance
- Reporting to senior leadership on an annual or semi-annual basis
- The design, oversight, distribution and implementation of Title IX policies within the University
- Development and implementation of institution-wide educational programs and Title IX training availability
- Development of accessible support materials setting forth relevant resources
- Coordination with on and off campus law enforcement
- Ongoing process of reviewing and identifying patterns of discrimination and systemic problems and the development of measures to address
- Preparation of Title IX reports
- Ability to demonstrate institutional commitment to compliance
The Title IX coordinator is also responsible for the oversight and management of all Title IX complaints within the University, including:
- Grievance initiation and processing
- Interim measures (where appropriate)
- Documentation and notice
For more information and a list of available resources, please visit LoboRESPECT.