The UNM-Taos branch campus serves students from northern New Mexico and the larger community with comprehensive educational opportunities in order to better prepare them to successfully participate in the world as educated, skilled, creative and responsible individuals. The Taos Campus is an open-access, student-centered, affordable college offering dual-credit, basic skills, transfer, career-technical, workforce training and lifelong learning courses and programs.
The goals that have been identified to fulfill the mission of UNM-Taos are:
- to provide a high-quality learning environment for all students;
- to provide a wide range of academic programs culminating in the awarding of Associate degrees;
- to provide a wide range of career technical programs culminating in certificates and degrees for students who seek career-related employment in business, industry, and government and health care;
- to provide a transfer program to include a wide range of general education and pre-professional courses which normally articulate with Baccalaureate degree-granting colleges and the universities;
- to provide a diversified program of academic, and career technical courses to allow for the achievement of individual educational goals involving professional or technical skills development, professional rectification and/or personal interest;
- to provide noncredit continuing adult education services to the community in the areas of business/professional training, personal development, cultural enrichment, and recreational activities;
- to provide developmental education courses to acquire the basic verbal, quantitative, and cognitive skills necessary for a student’s successful transition into college-level study; and
- to provide an array of student support services that include faculty and staff academic advisement and career counseling, diagnostic and placement testing, financial aid, and human development opportunities readily accessible to all students.